About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Security

As I was waiting to go through security at the airport last week, I noticed a sign that said "this airport has enhanced security scans". I did not think much about it, as I was only concerned with getting home. I did the usual taking off my shoes, taking off my coat and putting my carry on bag onto the belt. Instead of walking through the security doorway, I was asked to go into a semi enclosed pass through. I went in and was asked to put my hands over my head and stay still for one minute. I was waiting for them to asked me to turn my head to the left and cough. I stood there and they said I was Ok to move on. As I walked out of the pass through, a security guard talked into her radio and said "female two". She then asked me to put out my hands. She looked at my charm bracelet and turned it around to see all of the charms. She then told me I was good to go. My sister followed the same procedure. After the pass through the guard called in "female three". and began to pat her down. As she was patting down the front of her body, the guard, who was a female, commented on how exquisite my sisters' sweater was. The three of us continued to have a pleasant conversation about clothes. I guess this whole procedure, was what the airport called "enhanced security". It took five minutes. I then realized that this was what people have been complaining very vocally about. The words "invasion of privacy, embarrassment and humiliation" have been bandied around. To me, it was five minutes out of my life, that could have potentially saved my life, had there been a terrorist flying that day. I think everyone should pipe down, go with the flow and have a safe flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment