About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Not Guilty?

I have a problem with people pleading "not guilty" to a crime that we all know they did. Just this week, a man stole a car in a neighboring town, led the police on a chase, drove the car into an elementary school, got out and tried to run into the school, while carrying a 9mm gun. The police apprehended him and took him to jail. The following day, the court system allowed him to plead "not guilty". Huh? Not guilty? We all saw you do the crime. What kind of nonsense is pleading not guilty? Is our judicial system that dumb? He should have been made to plead guilty and then have a trial to see why he did the crime, so the court can determine the proper punishment. Our court system has limited itself by not having enough options. We need the options of "guilty", "not guilty", "no contest" and "you all saw me do it". I am big on efficiency. Let's cut to the chase. If we saw you do it, let's bypass the trial. I have no time for coddling criminals.

No comments:

Post a Comment