About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Re Gifting

We have all done it, at one point in our lives. We have re-gifted. Sometimes you get a gift and although it is nice, you just do not need it. If you do not have the receipt, you cannot take it back to the store, so you hold onto it, until there is an occasion to re-gift. When I got engaged, I received a package from UPS. It was a gift from a distant relative. When I took the tray out of the box, I saw a beautiful greeting card. It said "Dear Ellen and Steven, Congratulations on your wedding". The only problem was that I am neither Ellen nor Steven. This was re-gifting at it's worst. If you re gift you have to be careful. The best re-gift was from my mother in law. When I gave birth to my first son, she came to the hospital with a lovely night gown. It was beautiful and in the best of taste. I know this, because I bought it for her, for Mother's Day, the previous year. Again, re-gifting at it's worst. If you plan on becoming a re-gifter, get a log book and do it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment