About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, March 26, 2012

The Novelty

I am always the first one in my family to buy new products. I remember buying my first portable telephone. I took it outside and made a phone call to see how far I could walk with it. Of course, those were the pre cell phone days. It was so cool to be able to walk outside with the phone and call people, without being attached to a wire. I could walk as far as my next door neighbor's house. My family said, "why do you need to be talking outside"? A month later they bought portable phones. Next came the answering machine. After I got it, I asked people to call me just to hear my message. My family said, "why do you need an answering machine? If you are not home, people will call back". A month later, they bought answering machines. Next was the microwave. After I bought it, I could not wait to make popcorn, in 2 minutes. My family said "why do you need popcorn in 2 minutes? Are you that busy"? A month later, they had microwaves. Next was the cell phone. Who can forget repeating "can you hear me now"? My family asked "who is so important, that they cannot wait until you get home, to talk to you"? A month later, they bought cell phones. I love being the trend setter, especially when my family follows me.

No comments:

Post a Comment