About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Truly Blessed

I am truly blessed. Today is my mothers' birthday. She is 88. She still looks beautiful and dresses like a fashionista. She has the energy of a 30 year old, but with some aches and pains. There is not a person that meets her, that does not like her. She does not have a bad bone in her body. Even though I am 56, if I have a problem, I can still call "Mommy" and cry about it, like a big baby. She will always hear me out, never judge and give the correct advice. She makes me laugh. When I call her and she has to leave the phone to get something, she will hum a song and say "please hold on, your call is very important to me". That routine never gets old, as far as I am concerned. She is very fair with my sister and me. If she gives one of us something, she makes sure the other one gets the equivalent. She loves candy and cake and her face lights up when she eats anything sweet. Just like a kid. I just came home from visiting her, because my sister and I would never miss her birthday weekend. We will continue to do so, for the next 25 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment