About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, March 2, 2012

Little Bud

As I was walking in my backyard a few minutes ago, I glanced over at the flower bed. It has been barren since November. Just a patch of dirt. This morning it looked different. I saw two tiny violet colored flowers. They were only 1/2 inch in size but they made a big difference in the yard. They are the buds of my Hosta plants. These plants will grow to be over two feet high and sprout leaves of at least one foot, if not more. The tiny flowers were telling me that spring is on it's way. My real instinct is that the flowers are totally confused, as we are having such a mild winter. In fact, most people I talk to are confused. For some reason, since the weather has been so mild, people are in a happier frame of mind. They are not having any of the usual "winter doldrums". Maybe that is why people in California have a more relaxed way of life. They are never gearing up for snow and ice and shoveling and hazardous driving. They coast along, weather wise. One of my co workers has already printed out her boarding passes for a cruise she will be taking in the end of April. Now, that is positive thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment