About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, March 16, 2012

The Tone Setter

We all have one. We have one in work. We have one in our family. We have one with our friends. The Tone Setter. The person that sets the tone for the day. If they get up happy, the people that surround them, will have a pleasant day. If they get up grumpy, the day will not run so well. If they get up nasty, watch out and head for the hills. I was never a tone setter. I am a tone absorber and after many years, it is getting annoying. I no longer want to have my day set by someone else's moods. I have a consistent temperament. I wish other would,too Years ago, I worked for a moody doctor. As a routine test, my cardiologist had me wear a heart monitor for 24 hours, just to see the heart rate fluctuations. A week after I returned the monitor, the doctor called with the results. He asked me what I was doing between 8am and 12:30 pm. I said I was at work. He told me that approximately every 1/2 hour my heart rate would increase for a few minutes and then go back to normal. I thought about it. The doctor came into work at 8am and would come into the front office between patients, which was approximately a half hour time span. He was a moody man and I guess his aura set off my heart rate. He was the tone setter and that day, he must have been setting a bad tone. I would like to see all of the tone setters in my life, put into a room, together. That would be music to my ears.

No comments:

Post a Comment