About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Pink Cloud Of Happiness

Last night I went out to dinner with my parents and sister. We went to a popular buffet type restaurant called The Golden Corral. They serve American foods that include salads, various unhealthy fried foods, heavy starches and salty meats. In other words, a really good, tasty meal, at a reasonable price. I piled my plate high with a melange of unrelated foods and sat down to eat. That is when I saw it....a pink cloud of happiness. Cotton candy. I instantly became mesmerized. I had a front row seat to the best show on earth. A woman wrapping strands of hair like sugar onto a long paper cone, that would form this delicious puff of delight. From that point on, I became a child. I raced through my meal, eating just enough food so my parents would not scold me. I pushed the remainder of food into a small pile on the side of the plate to give the appearance that I had eaten my full meal. Even though my family had just begun to eat their main meal, I excused myself from the table and made a bee-line to the cotton candy stand. I pulled my "cloud of happiness" out of the stand and began to eat it on the walk back to the table. I had not had cotton candy for about 25 years, but it was as good as I remembered it. It melted in my mouth and left my hands all sticky. My sister took a picture of me eating it , to chronicle the event. I never looked happier. Fifty six years old with pink sugar stuck to the corners of my mouth. Does life get better than this?

No comments:

Post a Comment