About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Family Dinner

Years ago, families had dinner together every night. They would gather around the table with no outside distractions and discuss what went on that day. It was a special kind of interaction and I believe it kept the family close. When women went back to work due to the economy, the family dinners became less frequent as schedules did not coincide. Daily dinners became weekly dinners. Culturally, the days of those dinners were consistent. Some cultures had Friday night dinners while some had Sunday afternoon dinners. Lately, the weekly dinners are falling by the wayside. I believe family time together, sitting around a table, eating and talking, are what keeps the bond tight. My family dinner night is Saturday and no matter what people say, I am keeping that tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment