About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, October 21, 2011

Loose Lips

In World War 11, someone coined the phrase "loose lips sink ships". It basically meant keep your mouth shut. People have a tendency to talk too much. The more you talk, the less you say. No one really wants to hear a long boring story. Cut to the chase, speed it up, let's be done with it. Years ago I worked in an office and every day the mailman would say the same sentence. It went like this... Hi, how are you,good, good. Have a nice day. He never waited for an answer. You could have said that you contracted the plague, and he would still say "good, good". He had the right idea. Ask the proper questions and answer them yourself. A win-win situation. I am sure he never got into trouble because of something he said. I wish everyone could take a lesson from John, the mailman.

No comments:

Post a Comment