About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, October 28, 2011

You Never Know

I used to think my father was funny when he never threw certain things away. He would tell me "don't throw it away, you never know when you will need it". Well, today that statement came true. I am preparing for a presentation and I needed to have a chart that shows a large circle with ten smaller circles drawn within it. Most people my age would know that you need a compass to do that. Not a compass that shows you directions, the one that draws perfect circles. I know I had one years ago but I cannot remember if I threw it out, or just placed it into a draw, where it has sat for 25 years. With all of our computer technology, I still need a manual tool. I have wasted 45 minutes of my morning checking drawers and closets and still no compass. My next plan of action is to call my sister. If anyone still has a compass, it will be her. So, Dad, you are correct when you said "you never know...."

No comments:

Post a Comment