About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

No. It is self explanatory. N-O. Two letters. Why can't people just take no for an answer. Last week I went to join Costco. I wanted a $50 membership. The woman behind the counter said take the $100 plan, it has more perks. I nicely said "No, I only want to spend $50". She kept nagging me, like a 4 year old. I then said "No, I only have $50". She kept on nagging. I then said, "if you want me to have the $100 plan so much, go to your wallet and chip in the extra $50". She still kept nagging. Did she actually think she would wear me down? We bantered back and forth, until my tone became a bit nasty. All I wanted to do was join Costco. I didn't need this woman talking at me, not listening. In hindsight, I would have acted differently. I would have said No once and then just stared blankly until she got the idea. I do not envy her family. They must get an earful.

No comments:

Post a Comment