About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Helpline

I am not a computer expert. I have a working knowledge of the basics. Somehow, in work, I have become the "go to gal". The person that everyone goes to when the computers have problems. Yesterday, we lost the network connection. It just disappeared. Went on hiatus. As usual, I was called in. I did as much as my expertise would allow and soon realized that I needed to call for reinforcements. I called Verizon, and was connected to "Jeremy". I told him what my problem was and he seemed stumped. After a lull in the conversation, I said, let's try looking in Network Places. He agreed. I slowly stepped him through the process and together we solved the problem. I knew 85% of what I was doing, he knew 15%. Without him, I would still be off line, but without me, he would have had no idea how to even try to solve the issue. Even when you call in the "experts" it still takes a team to get things up and running.

No comments:

Post a Comment