About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, May 17, 2012

Curly Sue

Some years back, there was a movie titled "Curly Sue". That is me. I am named Susan and I was born with very curly hair. My sister, on the other hand, was born with straight, silky hair. In the 70's, the decade of the hippies, when most girls had long hair with a part in the middle, I had my fluff of curls. As I got older, I was able to make it look more stylish. If I let it grow, it grew more horizontally than vertically. If I sat in the passenger seat of your car, your vision out of the passengers side window was partially blocked. I am now at the age where I get compliments on my "beautiful curly hair". Yesterday, it became a hazard again. My daughter-in-law and I were planting vegetables in her garden, when a large bug buzzed by us. Unfortunately, he flew a bit too close to my curls and got lodged in one of them. I tried to swat it out, but it was stuck. All I heard was the buzzing. I yelled that there was a bug in my head and my daughter-in-law also started to swat at it. She said "I can hear it but I can't see it". Buzz, buzz, swat, swat. It was not leaving. There we were, on the front lawn, beating on my head. It looked like she was attacking me for not planting correctly. After a few minutes the bugs' wings dislodged from the curls and it flew away. We couldn't stop laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment