About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, May 4, 2012

Other People's Charities

I am all for charities. I think that they are so worthwhile and I give so much credit to the people that are involved with them. Most times, people become active in a charity because it has affected a family member or friend. That is just human nature. Very seldom, does a person randomly choose an affiliation. As I have discussed in previous blogs, my workplace is involved in a current charity. The choice was my employers. She wants her staff and the community to jump on board and help, as she sits at home. She is becoming demanding, in a way that I have never seen before. By doing this, she is alienating everyone and now it is to the point that most of us are resenting our involvement. I am being asked to tell people they must walk 4 miles. I am being asked to request that small businesses donate money. Businesses that I know, for a fact, are not doing well. That puts me in such a bad position. Are we supposed to help others while we are hurting. My enthusiasm for this project is waning and it makes me feel bad. Sometimes pushing too much, just pushes people away.

No comments:

Post a Comment