About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Walk

This morning is the "Walk For Nathaniel". My office has planned for this charity walk for over one month. We have the taxi that will take us up to the starting point, on call. We have a lunch of 5 pizzas being donated. I will have the conference room set up. The banners that we made to hold as we walk and hang on our front door, look great. Now, we just need two things. People to join us and no rain. As I look at the sky, it is totally gray. I will be taking my emergency raincoat along for the walk. I will be wearing sneakers to work, something I have never done. Hopefully the rain will stay in the clouds long enough for us to walk 1.5 miles down Northern Boulevard. Getting people to join us has been a problem. I have sent out hundreds of email, but not one response. I have put up dozens of signs, but no response. I have Tweeted and Face Booked, but no response. Ten AM on a Tuesday is not a prime time for anything, so I understand the lack of participation. I hope everything goes well today. It is only 2 hours out of our lives, so if we do it with a smile, we will make it a good two hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment