About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, May 14, 2012

The Magazine Shuffle

I love to read magazines. The types I like the most, are the ones that mix a bit of news, a bit of human interest and a bit of fashion. I find a magazine that contains only one of those to be boring. No matter which magazine you read, they all have one thing in common. The articles are never in page sequence. They start off on page 3 and 4 and then are "continued" on page 68 and then "continued" on page 96. I dislike flipping pages only to flip again and then to find my way back to the original page, to continue on reading the rest of the magazine. Why does a magazine need to differ from a book. You never see chapter one, on pages 3,4,5 and then "continued" on page 97. You read from page one until the last page. No flipping back and forth. I cannot tell you the number of times I have chosen not to "continue". I am the queen of 1/2 articles and proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment