About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, May 11, 2012

It Wasn't Me

This morning, in my office, we had a computer problem. Any time you upgrade, there will be issues. The dreaded word "incompatible" is bandied around. The definition of "incompatible" is "this is going to cost you money". After the Verizon tech left, I needed to call in my medical software tech. That is when the fun began. There are 5 computers in my office and most people tend to use the same ones. I use two specific ones and have large notes pasted on them that read "NO ONE BUT SUSAN CAN USE THIS COMPUTER OR THE SYSTEM WILL CRASH AND YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE TO FIX IT!!!!" Needless to say those computers are treated like lepers. No one even looks at them. Now we get to the other three. Even though people are told they are not to use social networking sites, they still do. That's where the problem began. When my computer tech went into the internal screens, they were clogged up with programs that "run in the background", like thieves in the night. They attach on and track you and slow things up in general. Everyone stood around and watched the tech name the programs and games that everyone swore they never use. Six people stood there chanting "it wasn't me". I know who the offenders are, as they are not smart enough to close down their purchasing/chatting sessions at the end of the night. We cleaned things up (for now) and the rest of the day, my office staff were as quiet as mice.

No comments:

Post a Comment