About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Seeing the Future

I love it when people want to do something stupid and say, "Don't worry, nothing will happen". I don't know if they are trying to convince me, or themselves. My answer to that statement is, "If you can see the future, give me tonight's lottery numbers". The best example of this happened about three years ago. My son was driving a loaner car since his car was in the shop for repairs. It was a loaner car and not a rental car. Big difference. He was taking it to work and I told him to drive his other car. He said, "Don't worry, nothing's going to happen". Off he went, in a BMW loaner car. Ten minutes later, my phone rang. It was my son. "Mom, a tree just fell on me as I was driving on the parkway. It totaled the car and is blocking three lanes of traffic". I turned on the local television station and put on the live traffic news feed. There it was. A tree across the roadway and traffic backed up for miles. My son in the roadway, next to a car with a tree through the windshield, roof and radiator. Police backing cars off the highway. Thankfully, he only had a few scratches because the BMW SUV took the impact. We found out that loaner cars carry different insurance than rental cars and it took 6 months to straighten out the mess. From that day on, he no longer says, "Don't worry, nothing will happen".

No comments:

Post a Comment