About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Connect The Dots

When I went into work yesterday, I found a children's coloring book on my desk. Things like this sometimes wind up there, since my doctors use toys for play therapy. I opened the book and saw that it was a connect the dots book. I had not seen one of those for years. When I flipped through the pages, it looked like a mess of numbers. I thought that this would be a good exercise for my life coaching classes. I needed to choose a drawing that would have a "lesson" in it but without connecting the dots, I had no idea what the pictures were. I decided to pick page 18, as it is a lucky number. I made a few copies of the page and then decided to connect the dots and see what the picture was. I started off slow, as the numbers were scattered so randomly. At one point I was just going to stop trying as it was getting frustrating. I kept connecting and midway through, it got easier. The end was a breeze. When I got to number 100, I saw the picture. It was a portrait of a person. I could not believe my luck. It could have been a puppy or a soccer ball, but I randomly chose a person. The lesson plan that I will use in my class will be: Your journey in life may look complicated. It will go slow in the beginning and you might want to give up. It may be frustrating. If you stay on course and follow through, the road will get easier until you wind up at your final destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment