About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The We Of Me

I has happened again. An event in work where we all have to pitch in and make it wonderful. Somehow, "we" has again turned into "me". There are over 20 people in the office and so far, not one person has done anything to make this event special. I have sent the emails. I have called the newspapers. I have made the signs. I have made the posters. It is not that I mind doing this. Quite the contrary. I think this event is important. I feel good that I am contributing. What annoys me, is that no one else, even my boss, who wants the event here, has not done a thing. The event is about a man who is walking from Pennsylvania to Boston, 500 miles, in honor of his son, who committed suicide last year, after suffering with BDD, for years. He is retracing his sons' journey through life. He starts at the hospital his son was born in, then the places where he worked, where he went to school, the doctors where he sought help and the hospitals he was admitted into, during his years of suffering. It is a very poignant walk, so I am helping all that I can. I do not know why others cannot give a bit of their time, to welcome this man as he visits our office and gives a lecture. I guess people have other things to do. Please visit the website WalkingWithNathaniel.org to see the amazing journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment