About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

TMI

TMI. Too Much Information. I do not know why people feel the need to tell other people more information than they really need to know. This happens to me every day. I am the person that does the new patient screening for my office. I ask the same question to everyone. "Why are you coming here. You only need to tell me in one word. Anxiety. Depression. OCD"? I specifically say "one word". For some reason the flood gates open up and I start to hear the persons entire history. Some of the information is too personal. I try to be polite and stop the conversation by saying that I am in the administration department and I am not a doctor so the information you are telling me should be kept private. It is as if they are deaf. They just keep on going, like they energizer bunny. I keep on repeating that I do not need to know any more, but they go on and on, until they completely finish. By this time, I know too much, but there is no going back. Some information is best left private. Like the old saying goes, "loose lips, sink ships".

No comments:

Post a Comment