About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Third Party Carriers

I got my wireless telephone bill in the mail yesterday. As usual, I scrutinized it, as it is never exactly the same each month. I have four phones on the bill and we just added services, so the bill looked like a free for all. Fees, taxes, partial months. My line should be $17.59, but this month it was $29.52. I immediately called Verizon and spoke to a nice man, who probably wished that he had called in sick that day, after I was done dealing with him. It seems that $9.99 (plus tax, of course) was added on to the bill by a third party carrier. What the heck is a third party carrier and why are you adding their fee onto my bill? It seems that a company called "bid and win" says that I subscribed for their services. I use my phone about 4 minutes a day and text maybe 2 times a month, only to family members. When did this subscription happen? While I was sleeping? Has Shelby been secretly texting to other dogs in the neighborhood? I said I wanted Verizon to remove the charge. The man said "it isn't our charge, it is a third party carrier." I told him that this is fraud and it needs to be removed, otherwise they are condoning fraud on their bills. He kept saying he couldn't remove the charge and I kept saying he had to. During the conversation, he blocked the capability of any third party carrier to ever invade my phone again. After 10 minutes of back and forth about the charge, he finally gave in and removed it. He lost the stamina to deal with me. I never raised my voice or used profanities. I was just so persistent that he lost the will to argue.

No comments:

Post a Comment