About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Belly Full Of Bison

A new hamburger restaurant opened near my office. The menu is four pages long and takes more time to digest than the meal. The name is BareBurger, but the burgers are far from bare. Yesterday I did more work thinking of what to order than I did attending to patients. As each doctor walked in, we sat them down with the menu and had them write their order. You choose a protein, roll, cheese and toppings. The protein choices are beef, chicken, turkey, elk, wild boar, bison, ostrich, quinoa or black bean. I decided to do a three way split with my coworkers and have more taste choices. We ordered bison, turkey and portobello mushroom burgers on multi grain, brioche and tapioca rice rolls, with smoked mozzarella, blue and colby jack cheeses. We added on fried onions, raw onions, avocado, lettuce, tomato, garlic dill pickle slices and sauces. Sweet potato fries were a must. Each person paid almost $16 for this treat. Once a month we will allow this in our lunch budgets. This was the first time I had bison and I enjoyed it. It was a cross between the flavors of beef and lamb. I was so full that I never ate dinner.

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear you enjoyed the bison burger which can e a much better red meat choice

    ReplyDelete