About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, August 3, 2013

The Mailman Never Rang

If I did not live this story, I would never believe it. I have been expecting a few pieces of mail that never arrived and last week I did not receive mail for two days. I went to the post office and asked to speak to the postmaster. The counter person rang a bell and a few minutes later he appeared at the window. I explained to him that I did not get my mail and that it was now 2 weeks overdue. He asked if it was "tracked" and I said that these were regular letters and those are never tracked. He said everyone should put tracking on all of their letters. I said that would be ridiculous as the price of a 46 cent letter would be about two dollars. He said if there is not tracking he would have no idea where my mail is. I said that one of the letters in question was brought into his post office and handed in to the counter person. The letter was remaining within the same town. He said that when it was brought into him, he sent it to a main hub and they send it back to him, to deliver to me. I said I never got it, so where is it? He said he had no idea. I asked if there are bins of undeliverable mail and he said, "No". At this point it was turning into a "Seinfeld" episode. I said, "You know how to take the mail, but you do not know how to deliver the mail". I turned to the 20 people on line waiting to mail their letters and said, "Are you all listening to this. The postmaster is saying that the mail you hand in now, might never get to its destination and if it doesn't, he will have no idea where it went". They all agreed that it was absurd that this is how the post office runs. I then took a blank envelope and "role played". I said, "Here is my letter. I am giving it to you. You are giving it to the main hub. If I never get it....where is it now? He repeated that it would be delivered. I said," I NEVER GOT IT. WHERE IS IT?" He said he had no idea. At that point, I asked for a postal inspectors name and number at the main hub. I want to see how high a person can get in the US Postal system, without having a brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment