About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Heads Up

As I was sitting in the hospital lobby last week, I noticed that people wear many types of head coverings. Most had a meaning attached to them. Since I had hours to spare, I decided to play a game and try to notice as many different types as I could. First, I saw a hospital worker in his scrubs, wearing a cloth OR type of hat.  I could figure out that he was responsible for some type of patient care. Next, I saw a woman with a shower cap type of hat. She was a food service worker. Next I saw a man with a bike helmet. He was delivering Chinese food. Then, I saw a man with a yarmulke. Since he had a stethoscope around his neck, I surmised that he was a doctor. I also saw turbans, baseball caps, grandpa hats, motorcycle helmets, head scarves and wigs. I never really paid much attention to what someone is wearing on their head, but each item held a meaning and was an important part of that person's daily life. Sometimes we just need to take a moment and notice the small things.

No comments:

Post a Comment