About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Have It My Way

While driving home from Cape Cod, I made a rest stop in Mystic, Connecticut. It was lunchtime, so I went to the counter to order some food. I ordered one hamburger from the dollar menu, one 4 piece chicken McNuggets from the dollar menu, one small fries from the dollar menu and a small chocolate shake. The cashier says, "That will be $10.43". I said that I ordered 4 items from the dollar menu, so it would be $4.32, give or take a few pennies for tax. She said the shake was $2.29. I said that would make the order about $5.60. She said it would be $7.43. I said the price was wrong. We agreed upon a little less than $6 and then she rang up a sale for $8.43. I said she did it wrong and she agreed. I gave her a $20 bill and she gave me change of $13.50. By now I didn't care if I overpaid because I was hungry and tired and just wanted to go home. She started to put the order on the tray and she places a Happy Meal down alongside the bag with the hamburger, fries and shake. I said that I did not order a Happy Meal. She agreed and said she would "get the rest of the order". She returned with another 4 piece chicken McNuggets, placed it on the tray next to the Happy Meal (that I never ordered) and pushed it towards me and said, "Here is your order". I gave up and took the Happy Meal and all of the other items and sat down to eat. I am now the proud owner of a Smurf action figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment