About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Heritage

Since my grandchildren were born, I have wanted to create a family history for them. I am lucky enough to have my parents still alive and they are helping me fill in the blanks. If I do not gather this information now, it will be lost forever. Through my research, I have found out a lot about my great grandparents. I know when they arrived in America and who lived in their home as far back as 1910. I have learned what their occupations were. I have learned what towns they came from and when they became naturalized citizens. Certain information that we thought we knew, was incorrect. I am trying to put the pieces together while I still can. It takes time, but it will be well worth it. Family history is important, even though it doesn't really change a thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment