About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Don't Speak

After having a cold for one week, it finally settled in my throat. For the first time in many years, I got laryngitis. I had no voice. Literally and figuratively speaking. As usual, on a Saturday in the summer, I go to the town pool to spend the day with friends. Everyone sits and talks all day. Yesterday, I was only able to sit and listen. Every time I had something to add to the conversation, all that came out of my mouth was a high pitched squeak. It was almost inaudible, so most of the time no one knew I was trying to add to the conversation. I felt invisible. I finally gave up and just sat quietly. It was not easy to do. This morning, my voice is a bit better. I don't like being silent.

No comments:

Post a Comment