About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Postman Part Deux

After making a small scene at the post office the other day, it seems that the postal supervisor (who I thought was the postmaster) got scared. He did some research and realized that he made a huge mistake. It seems that an elderly man walked into the post office with a letter that had been delivered to him by error. He said that no one by that name (my name) lived at his address. The supervisor, henceforth to be known as the "stupid-visor", decided to put a stop on all of my mail and mark it return to sender. This all happened 19 days ago. When the stupid-visor found his error, he "tried to call me" but couldn't find where I lived. Yes... the postal stupid-visor DIDN'T KNOW WHERE I LIVED. Maybe if he looked at my address, he would have figured it out. So, he put the problem aside and continued on his merry way. Today, when the regular mailman came to "not deliver" my mail, he informed me that there was a stop mail order on my address. By this time I had already spoken to the Federal Postal Inspector and he had called my local post office to reprimand them and to ask what was going on there .So, here I was again, at the post office, but now I was demanding a letter of apology, a letter to all of my creditors stating that the post office made an error and rerouted my mail and a request to see the Postmaster. After being told that the Postmaster was not available, I asked for her direct telephone number, as I was going to speak to her by the end of today. The stupid-visor finally said to wait a minute and he directed me to the Postmaster's office. As I entered the office, there was a nice woman who looked like she was embarrassed about her worker's incompetence. She apologized profusely, wrote a letter of apology, undid the stop mail order and gave me her business card if any other problems occurred. Now all I have to do is wait 3 weeks for my returned mail to get to me again, that is, after I call every company to alert them that I still live at my address. 

No comments:

Post a Comment