About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, August 19, 2013

What If

There are two types of people. They are the "what if's" and the "don't worry's". The "what if's" worry and the "don't worry's" don't care "if". I was brought up to be a "what if" and I have passed that mindset down to my children. A "what if" will think of a situation from every angle. We make contingency plans. We cover every variable that can go wrong. Since I am not a psychic, I cannot look into the future and know that everything will be fine. That is why I make plans. The "don't worry's" may not always have problems, but somewhere along they way, they realize that they needed to plan better. Now, I will get to the point of this blog. Yesterday my son made a big backyard party. The weather forecast all week was for a mostly sunny day. He thought to himself "what if it rains"? Everyone told him "don't worry". He decided to go with the "what if" theory and buy two tents. The tents would cover 200 square feet of his patio. Enough coverage to seat 40 people under it. Guess what? In the middle of the party, it rained. No one even noticed because we were all seated under the tent, eating and talking. "What if" he didn't have the tents?

No comments:

Post a Comment