About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, August 10, 2013

Deep Sleep

I am not the best sleeper. If I get 3 solid hours a night, I am lucky. This has been my pattern for 30 years. I was blessed with children that never slept more than 3 hours at a time, so my body is trained to think that three hours is a full night's sleep. After having a few weeks of worrying about my father, I found that I was sleeping less than my usual amount which really means not sleeping at all. Last night, after tossing and turning, I decided to do something I rarely do. I took 1/2 of an Ambien. I must have fallen asleep pretty quickly. I am a noisy sleeper. Not from snoring, but from jewelry. I sleep with 2 charm bracelets, filled with charms. I am always "clinking" when I walk and when I sleep. I never take off these bracelets and have even tightened the locks so they cannot fall off by themselves. One bracelet is so hard to take off that I have to slowly push it off of my hand centimeter by centimeter until it is pried off. I only have to do this if I have a medical test that requires no metal. I woke up this morning and my bracelet was off my hand. It was neatly placed on my nightstand. I must have done this while in a deep sleep because I would never have removed it otherwise. I find it very scary that I could do something that took so much coordination and effort and not even know that I did it. I will not be taking an Ambien again. Who knows, I could wind up in Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment