About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, August 1, 2013

All Bottled Up

When my children were babies there was only one kind of baby bottle. It came in 2 sizes, 4oz and 8oz. We put the formula in screwed on the nipple, turned it over and voila....food. Today there are too many choices. Each one has its own theory behind it. In the 1980's the theory was, "Here is your formula, drink it". Now the theories are for colic, for better feeding angles, for less stress and so on and so on. In the three months that my grandson has been eating, he has used three types of bottles. Each bottle has a few components to it and one has so many, it is like building an erector set. Last week I fed him with the "erector set" bottle. He sucked and sucked and sucked and only 1/2 ounce was gone. He usually eats his food in 5 minutes. After sucking for a few minutes, his eyes closed as if to say, "Enough already". After switching his position and turning the bottle in his mouth, he finally ate 2 of the 3 ounces. I decided it was enough as I was getting colicky. The same thing happened yesterday, but I responded differently. I got the old bottle out and poured the remaining formula into it and he ate in 2 minutes. Make it simple and the baby will respond better.

No comments:

Post a Comment