About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Bentleys' Mom

I arrived in Florida yesterday. As usual, I arrived at the airport early. I was sitting across from a young woman , with a silver tote bag. I realized that it was a dog carrier, when I saw the air vents. I started to talk to her and she was very responsive. We exchanged stories about our puppies, going into details about everything from birth to the present. Her puppy's name was Snickers. He was a tiny Maltese. Then she told me that this was her second time as a "mom". Her first "child" Bentley was run over by a car. Even though I love Shelby, I do not consider him my child. He is my dog. I know I said how hard it is to leave him, but I still live in the reality, that he is an animal, albeit a very cute one. This girl was about 24 years old. After the "mom" comment I started to pay a bit more attention to her demeanor. Something was off. She took out her boarding pass and asked what seat I was in, because she hoped we were next to each other. We were 12 rows away. I do not think I could have spent 3 more hours with Bentleys' mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment