About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Semantics

I love it when people use code words, to describe unpleasant events, to make them look better. This week, a famous Hollywood actress was admitted into the hospital for "exhaustion". Hollywood replaces the phrase "drug use" with the word "exhaustion". The only people that actually suffer from exhaustion, are the ones that do not have time to rest, due to their responsibilities. Today, I am exhausted. I got up early, did errands, went food shopping, made lunch, painted a room, did laundry, paid bills, and it is only 4pm. Six hours to go before bed. By then I will have added making dinner, washing dishes and possibly a second laundry load. I did not have time for a manicure, pedicure, spa treatment, celebrity party and possibly, horseback riding. If actress are exhausted, I should be comatose. Lets call it what it is. Overindulgence, in a privileged lifestyle, where my weekly paycheck is the price of one of their pocketbooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment