About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

National Security

I heard something on the news yesterday, that astounded me. Senator Rand Paul, the son of Presidential candidate Ron Paul, was detained at the airport for being uncooperative with the TSA. It seems that when he was walking through the security scanner, an alarm went off. No different than what happened to me, in December. Usual protocol is to step aside and be patted down. I had no problem with this. He did. I felt that as a security measure, for all of the other travelers, I needed to be rechecked. I would expect the same thing to happen to others, when the alarm rings. This is what security means. The Senator thought different. Instead of just spending 3 minutes being checked, he decided to fight the issue and miss his flight. In the end, he was rechecked and scanned with a different type of machine. The astounding part, aside from the Senators irrational behavior, was his father's reaction to it. He said that security checks at the airport were tantamount to living in a police state. He also felt that the TSA should be disbanded. Is he for real? Has he forgotten 9/11? This is one person who I would not want running my country. It would be chaos and insanity.

No comments:

Post a Comment