About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, January 2, 2012

A Heartfelt Gift

Almost ten years ago, my son bought me the most beautiful birthday gift. It was a 14k gold, puffy heart. He went, alone, to the jewelry store, and picked it out. Just for me. I attached it onto a gold bracelet and piece by piece created a wonderful charm bracelet. You could always hear me coming, from the clinking sound of the charms. One day, I looked down, and saw that the charm was missing. My heart sank. I combed the entire house for it. It was not there. I looked outside. Still gone. It must have fallen off while I was out somewhere. I removed the bracelet and put it away. It meant nothing now, without the puffy heart. I never told him that it was gone. Each year when he gave me another thoughtful birthday gift, I would be a bit sad. I felt guilty that I did not take good enough care of the puffy heart. Last week, as I was lying in bed, I said to myself, the only gift I ever want again, is to get back my puffy heart.This year, I opened up my birthday gift from him and my daughter-in-law, a few days after my birthday. I had noticed that she was wearing a stunning Swarovski crystal puffy heart, that he had bought her for Christmas. After I opened a few great gifts, I came to the small box. When I unwrapped the paper, I saw the unmistakeable swan logo. I slowly opened the small box, and there it was. A red crystal puffy heart with a mini crystal butterfly, hanging from a black rope chain. I got exactly what I wished for, in a slightly different form. I put it around my neck, and that is where it will remain. I keep telling him how much I love it, and he doesn't know why. My heart is no longer broken.

No comments:

Post a Comment