About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Tools and Shoes

There is a book titled "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus". It is about the differences between the two sexes. We think differently. It is just biological. It is very apparent in our shopping preferences. Home Depot is to a man, what a shoe store is to a woman. We love the smell of leather. They love the smell of wood and rubber. Put a man in Home Depot and it is like a kid in a candy store. Since my son started working on his house, I have a new vocabulary. I now know what the work torque means. I can define reciprocal, in tool terms.  I know that there are two kinds of routers. One for wood and one for computers. Just as women are never too thrilled to wander around the lumber aisles of Home Depot, men are not to thrilled to wander around the aisles of a shoe store. I guess it goes back to the cave man days. Humans are just hard wired differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment