About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

"D" Day

Today is "D" day. Twenty eight years ago, today, my younger son was born. It was on a Tuesday, just like today. In those days, you did not have a choice whether or not to know the sex of the baby. You just waited till you saw the lower half come out. He was a beautiful, healthy boy. He still is. He has all of the qualities you would want a son to have. He is honest. He is a hard worker. He is smart. He is loyal. He is loving. I see a lot of me, in him. The good and the bad. He is headstrong and will stand his ground, until the end. Sometimes when we butt heads, it is a contest of the wills, as to who will give in first. So far we are at 50/50. Today is not only his birthday. It is also his six month wedding anniversary. The six months flew by, even faster than the 28 years. Since I am still away, I will not be able to give him his birthday hug or his gift. Truth be told, he probably wants his gift, more that his hug, so I left it for him, before I went away. I wish you a lifetime of health and happiness, "D". You surely deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment