About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Shame On You

Yesterday, someone tried to scam my parents. Although they are old chronologically, they are young  mentally and did not fall for it. Even though they knew things did not add up, they were still quite upset. Here is what happened.... They receive a telephone call saying that their grandson "X" was in a car accident. He was not badly hurt, but he hit the car of  Spanish Diplomat and therefore was going to jail. The man on the phone then puts "X" on the line, and he says, "Grandpa, I am not hurt, but they gave me some medication to calm down, so I sound a little drugged. Please send money to the lawyer to get me out of jail on bond". The "lawyer" then gets back on the phone and says that "X" will be taken to the jail and will remain there for 10 days, among unsavory (yes, he said unsavory) people, unless my parents send $1995 via Western Union. My father says to them "this doesn't sound right, so I am going to check it out" and hangs up. Now, they call "X", but he doesn't answer his cell. It goes directly to voice mail. They then call his house, and he answers. They are now relieved. While they are talking to him, the other people call back. They ask if the Western Union account was opened yet, as "X" was now downstairs in a cell. My father says, "that's funny, I am talking to him now, and he is listening to this conversation". They hang up the line. How horrible of these people to try to extort money from the elderly, by using fear of a loved one being harmed. I am a believer in Karma, so I do not wish bad things on them. The bad things will come naturally and when they do, it will be well deserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment