About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Thursday, January 5, 2012

The Vehicle

For over twenty five years, I have been playing Mah Jongg, with a group of 4 women. When the game began, we had toddlers. Now, some of our children have toddlers. The menu has stayed the same for all these years. Chips, pretzels, m&m's, dip, veggies and seltzer. The only time I ever drink seltzer, is at Mah Jonng. I do not know why this is the preferred drink, as it was decided upon without me. We would never change it, because it just seems right. To us, this is more than a game. It is really a discussion group. If you need any advice, of any nature, bring the question to the Mah Jonng table. By the time you leave, the problem is solved, with sensible advice and warm concern. To be honest, we are still using the playing card from 2007. We do not pay that much attention to the rules, anyway. Our Mah Jonng game is not about playing. It is about relationships. The tiles are just the vehicle. They are the tiny bricks that have built a foundation for long lasting friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment