About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The People At Home

Today, I am going to Florida, again. It will be the second of three trips this winter. While I love going to see my parents, I cannot help missing the people that stay behind. I still call home daily, to see what is going on. Just because I am not there, does not mean I am not there, in spirit. The only one that I cannot contact is Shelby. He is on his own vacation, at the vet. This time he will have a haircut, so he will be very handsome when I pick him up. I cannot believe how heart wrenching it is to say goodbye to him, when I drop him off. Even though he is staying at the vet that we have used for many years, and we know all of the assistants, I still feel like I am abandoning him. I must sound nutty when I ask them to hug and kiss him a few times a day. They say this is normal. If I could dress him up in baby clothes and smuggle him onto the plane, I would. If anyone questioned me, I could say that my "baby" has a hormone problem and that is why he is so hairy.

No comments:

Post a Comment