About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Matchmaker, Matchmaker

I hate mean spirited people. In real life or on television. One television show that irritates me, is the Millionaire Matchmaker. The show stars a 50 year old woman who is a matchmaker for millionaires. The only thing that strikes me as being odd, is that this wonderful matchmaker has never been married. Why couldn't she make her own match. Even setting aside that issue, there is a more important one. She interviews men and women to see if they will be potential matches for her clients. As she interviews them, she berates them. Their hair is too long, their teeth are crooked, they are over weight, etc, etc. In the next scene, she tells a man that he is too picky and will never find love, if he scrutinizes every woman he meets. She needs to replay the video and listen to what she says. I ask myself if this woman has a mirror in her own home. Her hair is horrible and her make up is garish. What does she see in others, that she cannot see in herself. Charity and self help starts at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment