About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, January 13, 2012

Tourists Have Brains

Until tomorrow, I will be in Key West. It is a resort town with a main shopping street. Last night, I was walking on the main street, looking at the stores and wandering in some of the more interesting ones. Some of the stores carried items that are sold for much less,where I live. As I was browsing, a sales person came up to me. He was trying to talk me into buying the items. I politely said no. He kept insisting. I kept saying no, politely. As I tried to walk away, he followed me, still insisting that his price was the  lowest. I am not a rude person, and never turn my back and just leave. I know this is his job, but sometimes you have to know when enough is enough. Finally, in one store, the man was unrelenting. I had to say that I could buy the item he was selling, in this case perfume, for less, at home. He told me if I could get it for less, I was buying counterfeits. I asked him why he would think that. He said that "you tourist never know what you are buying". That is when I was forced to put on my "Nasty Shoes". I told him, in no uncertain terms,what I felt about his sales skills, and that by this conversation, alone, I am getting the feeling that he is the dishonest one. I saw him get agitated, which, sorry to say, was my intention. I am on vacation, just let me shop pleasantly.

No comments:

Post a Comment