About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The New Car

When I see new car commercials, I laugh. It reminds me of how times have changed from the 1950's, when a new car was a huge thing. There were only a few makes of cars in those days. Pontiac, Oldsmobile and Chevrolet were the big three. I remember cars that had the option of air conditioning for only a few hundred dollars more. Most people did not want to make that type of investment for a few summer months. They chose to stick to the burning hot car seat. When you brought a new car home, it was a neighborhood event. Everyone came out to stand in your driveway and look over the shiny purchase. The hood was popped open and the men gazed in to check out the motor. You felt like a celebrity for the day. Now, new cars are nothing special. We can buy them or lease them and replaced them every few years. Even the commercials are not the same. Fully equipped has changed to nicely equipped. The price of a car is now the price of a house in the 1970's. How the world has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment