About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Friday, January 20, 2012

When Worlds Collide

The other day I heard someone talking about their worlds colliding. It took a few minutes to realize what they were talking about. They were referring to what happens, when one group of your friends meets another group of your friends. Most of the time, no good can come from it. That is why it is best to separate your circle of friends. Keep them in the dark about each other. Many years ago, my worlds collided. At the time, I did not know there was a terminology for it. I had one good friend, who was new to the neighborhood. She did not know a lot of people so I decided to be nice and include her in a "girls night out" dinner. I remember it, as if it was yesterday. We went to a Spanish restaurant. I had the shrimps with green sauce.  I was so happy that my new friend got along so well with my old friends. Little did I know what would happen. A few weeks later, my new friend and one of the old friends, introduced their husbands and a tight friendship was formed. They began to go out for dinners....without asking me. I didn't really care that much, but I know I never would have done that to her. I always think about the other person's feelings. Well, now it is twenty years later and I do not even know if they are still friends. It really doesn't matter. Since then I have been careful to avoid having my worlds collide.

No comments:

Post a Comment