About Me

My photo
I am a life coach and motivational speaker.

Monday, January 16, 2012

The Friendly Cookie

On Friday, in Key West, I passed a bakery. The smell from the freshly baked goods was unbelievable. I went in, to look at what they were selling. In the showcase were a few types of big cookies. One half pound cookies. They had chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin and peanut butter. Even though they were five dollars each, I bought one. Normally, I would never spend $5 on one cookie. It just looked too good to pass up. I took the big cookie and sat at a table eating it. A few minutes later, a couple walked in, and went to the cookie counter. I saw them discussing the cookies and talking with the salesgirl. They started to walk out without buying the cookies. As they passed me, the woman said, "I hope that the cookie tastes as good as it looks". I replied that it did. She then said "All I wanted was a small taste, so I didn't want to spend $5. I told her that the cookies was far too big for me to eat it all, and I would love to give her a piece. She hesitated for a moment and looked at her husband, then said "Oh, I couldn't do that". I said to please take some, as it was really big and I would just be taking it home. She looked at her husband and gave me a little girl smile, and took the piece of the cookie. She kept thanking me. I was glad to share it. After a few more bites, I put the big cookie (now the 1/2 big cookie) into a bag and took it home. Saturday morning, me and the big cookie traveled 200 miles to my parents house. On Sunday morning, I went to a nearby Flea Market, just to browse. I took the big cookie with me, for a snack. After about an hour, my feet got tired, so I sat on a bench and began to break off pieces of my big cookie. Sitting next to me, was an elderly woman. She looked over at me and said "Can I buy a small piece of your cookie"? I said that she couldn't buy it, but I would be glad to give it. So, I broke off a small piece of the dwindling cookie. She looked so happy as she ate it. She turned to me and said "Never in my life, have I asked anyone for a bite of their food. I can't believe I just did that'" I said that this cookie has made three people happy so far, and she made my day, by asking for a bite. I still have a small piece of the big cookie left, and I hate to eat it. It was the friendliest cookie I ever had and don't want it to end.

No comments:

Post a Comment